Are you suffering from the symptoms of gout? Many gout sufferers may know that it can be extremely uncomfortable & painful. Once it starts there is nothing you can do to stop an attack but you can ease the symptoms naturally at home. So if you are diagnosed with gout and you’re looking for ways to help prevent gout attacks then you are at the right place.
Natural Remedies You Can Try At Home To Cure Gout!
Here are the most popular natural home remedies which are simple medicines made with ingredients available at home. If you’re interested in finding out more, you can check out this article “Natural Remedies You Can Try At Home To Cure Gout” to know more about it.
What is Gout and What are the types of Gout?
Gout is known as the type of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, tenderness, and inflammation in the joints. Also, it can be affected by different body parts like ears, wrists, knees, ankles, and small joints in the hands. It mainly occurs when the body builds up too much uric acid. There are four types of gout and these four are referred to as four stages of gout, they are:
- Asymptomatic Hyperuricemia: In this stage, there are elevated levels of uric acid in the blood but no other symptoms.
- Acute Gout: In this stage, the uric acid starts to deposit in the body which causes swelling, pain, and tenderness. This gout attack usually starts at night and lasts for 3-10 days.
- Interval Gout: This stage is in between the acute gout attacks when the patient has no symptoms.
- Chronic Tophaceous Gout: In this stage, the gout arthritis can be very painful, but at the same time people rarely progress to this stage.
Also in the end of gout review section, you can find out how gout can be removed.
Natural Home Remedies For Gout
Here are the most popular natural home remedies for gout sufferers that can help you to treat the symptoms of gout and give you some comfort. Let’s find out:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is considered as the king of gout natural home remedies. The acidity contains in Apple Cider Vinegar helps to relieve acute gout pain and it helps your body become more alkaline.
Method of Use:
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of unfiltered and organic apple cider vinegar in a glass and mix it with at least 8 ounces of water and drink it. For better result drink this 2-3 times a day.
- The other method you can try is to soak your foot for about 30 minutes in a bucket full of 4 cups of hot water and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Take a clean dry cloth and soak in apple cider vinegar and wrap it around the affected area for about 15 minutes.
Ginger or Turmeric
The powerful anti-inflammatory contains in ginger and turmeric is very helpful in easing gout pain and inflammation.
Method of Use:
- Chop off a little piece of ginger or turmeric, the size of an inch and boil it for about 20 minutes and drink it as tea.
- You can add ginger root and/or turmeric in cooking recipes.
- To reduce swelling, make a paste of ginger root with water and then apply it to the affected area, leaving it on for about 30 minutes.
It is important to stay hydrated and to drink lots of water, because this helps to flush the uric acid out of your body, keeping gout under control. So it is important to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
If you are suffering from gout pain don’t forget to rest your affected joints. I hope you got useful information from this “Natural Remedies You Can Try At Home To Cure Gout” article. If you have any questions about this article do leave us a comment below and we’ll try our best to answer you.